I want to replace my 512GB SSD and 1TB HDD with one 2TB SSD. I'm leaning towards the Samsung 850 Evo because of the price/performance ratio but will consider the 850 Pro if it's worth the extra money. I need something reliable as well and can maintain it's performance over time.
- BX100 vs. 850 Evo for laptop? I just bought a Lenovo X240 for photo editing (Lightroom), e-mail/browsing, and Office. It was an outlet model with only an i3 Haswell CPU, but at least the RAM and HDD are replaceable. I've decided to get an 500GB SSD and narrowed it down to either a Crucial BX100 or Samsung 850 Evo. The Evo on sale is actually cheaper at the moment ($150 vs. ~$178). Looking at Anandtech's reviews, it looks like the BX100 is better at power consumption (especially under torture testing) but the Evo...BX100 vs. 850 Evo for laptop?
- Does YouTube/Video streaming sites “store” video I just bought a Samsung 850 500GB Evo yesterday (oh my god its so amazing) but anyways, I am trying to keep it alive for as long as I can as well as trying to adapt to better habits than what I am use to with a regular old HDD. Now back to my point, ...
- 850 EVO 500GB dead? My computer locked up playing a game the other day - the cursor still moved, but everything else was frozen. Rebooted, "no boot disk detected". Rebooted, frozen W10 boot screen. Rebooted, started up normally, then locked up minutes later. Let it sit for a day, started it up and it was usable for about 15 minutes. I opened Samsung Magician and ran a couple tests and everything checked out OK. I bought it in July, after the new firmware was issued. It's been running the latest firmware, etc....850 EVO 500GB dead?
- 4 budget SATA SSD choices – comments, suggestions? My PC: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz on an ASUS P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155) running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1. I have 2 spinning internal HDs and one external USB HD. But no SSD. Finally, now I want to install a budget SATA SSD for my new boot drive. After some homework I've come up with 4 choices:Samsung 850 EVO 250GB for $90, a little concerned about the small size PNY CS1311 480GB for $120 OCZ Trion 150 480GB for $116 Crucial MX300 525GB for $112 ...4 budget SATA SSD choices - comments, suggestions?
- Stability issue I’m having difficulty with The computer is an Ivy Bridge generation build, ASUS P8Z77-M board, Samsung 850 PRO SSD, Core i5-3450, 8GB DDR3 RAM, integrated graphics. I built it in 2012. It was upgraded from Win8 to Win10 somewhere along the way. The HDD it originally had died about 6 months ago, so I put the SSD in and clean installed Win10. The issue began as intermittent: Freezing during workload, then one day it wouldn't boot. Before I had a chance to visit and take a look at it, it righted itself. I advised...Stability issue I'm having difficulty with
- Trying to repurpose PS4 Pro hard drive Not sure if this should be in the consoles section but figured it might make more sense here. I upgraded my PS4 Pro's internal 1tb spindle with an 850 EVO, then saw a FAR 2.5" enclosure on Newegg so I got that for the spindle. But when I plug the drive into the case and into usb, PC doesn't recognize it. Is there a way to format it properly and get it working?
- Seeking Advice for installing a 960 EVO M.2 NVMe to an ASUS… Over the last two months or so, I think I have been pondering the choices to use the M.2 slot on the Sabertooth for NVMe performance. The options are, of course, the 960 Pro versus EVO, and the various sizes: 250GB EVO, 512GB and 1TB in either Pro or...
- Can someone price this build? All second hand parts - how much do you think it's worth to buy? Gigabyte GeForce 4GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming Graphics Card 4×8GB HyperX FURY 2133MHz DDR4 RAM Intel Skylake i5 6600 3.3 – 3.9GHz Processor Gigabyte Sniper B7 Motherboard EVGA 650w SuperNOVA G1 Gold Power Supply NZXT H440 Razer Edition Chassis 1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200 RPM Hard Drive Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250BW 250GB SSD XSPC RayStorm D5 Photon RX360 V3 WaterCooling Kit 27" LCD LG Flatron W2753VC
- Expert help: Standard SATA AHCI controller vs Intel (R)… Hell AT community, I have a new Alienware A51R2 Desktop system (I know Dell but it was a free item) that runs a modified Intel x99 chipset in it (Im not sure the exact model of x99 but maybe someone more tech savvy can find this out for me). This pre...
- Laptops with quality brand name SSD I noticed that all laptops seem to come integrated with "extremely crappy OEM SSD". Is there any company that will let you buy quality brand name SSDs of specific good models, such as the Samsung 960 EVO, or 950 Pro? I know you can buy a laptop with a regular drive and then replace the SSD yourself. But due to corporate red tape I need the laptop to come with everything in already.